This Grasshopper Pie is a refreshingly light dessert that's perfect after a heavy dinner meal. You'll be pleasantly surprised at how much room you find you have left in your stomach once you start eating it.
1 1/4 cup chocolate graham cracker crumbs
1/3 cup butter, melted
1 package Andes mint wafers (6 oz)
4 cups miniature marshmallows
1/4 cup sugar
2 tablespoons butter
1/3 cup creme de menthe
1 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- Combine chocolate graham crackers crumbs and melted butter, stirring until they're all combined. Press them gently into a greased pie dish to create a loose-ish crust. Bake at 350 degrees for 6-8 minutes.
- While the crust is baking, cut your Andes up so you have some large pieces for garnishing and smaller pieces to mix into the whipped cream.
- Combine the marshmallows, sugar and leftover butter in a saucepan. Cook them until them marshmallows are completely melted and mixed well.
- Remove the pan from the heat and stir in your creme de menthe. Let the mix cool until it's at room temperature.
- Fold in whipped cream and the smaller bits of chopped mints. Pour that into the pie crust. Be sure to garnish the top with any remaining chopped mints and freeze until the pie is firm.